Dec 1, 2009

Kate's Updates! First Flower Arrangements!

Hey everyone! I am thrilled to tell the world I did my first "grand" floral arrangements
while working at Local Flora. The photos were taken with my phone camera, so they are a little shy of "professional".


This first piece was for a woman's Birthday. It was, as you can tell, very Japanese in style and very stately. I used a combination of tape, rocks and oasis ( the green floral block florists use to give stems stability). The flowers used were Birds of Paradise, a luscious butterscotch Cymbidium Orchid, Hypericum berries, Sumatra Lilies, Pincushion flower and Horsetail. Moss was used as a base.



This next one was for our weekly client, The Sleeping Lady, in Fairfax. I went kind of wild with he foliage! I used Magnolia branch, Hydrangea, green button Mums, Roses, Hypericum berries (I love these!), Asiatic lilies, Agonis and Curly Willow...and on the side, not in view here, is a darling Aeonium succulent.
I realize this isn't my usual fare for my blog, but it is an art form that I am loving and learning as I work in this fantastic store!

1 comment:

flower delivery in philippines said...

Well, I can say that your first flower arrangement is perfect. I love it. Thanks for sharing this update. I enjoyed reading it.


-yumi-